Friday, January 20, 2012

Eco-Geo Challenge Reflection

My three other team members were Jennifer, Peter, and Leo. Jennifer joined our group on the last day of the eco-geo challenge. When we worked as a team, we worked efficiently by trying one method after the other. However, when we were outside to measure the hight of the 성남 high school building, we could not work efficiently because of the weather. I think if we were to do an activity outside of class, we should plan carefully to make sure that we can work in an environment that is not distracting. 
Each of the members did not have assigned roles; the one who could quickly complete the task did so without any complaint. When we were making the three by four rectangle, we just took turns measuring, holding, and taping the string. I think it took longer for us to complete the task because the string was way too short. 
I thought that the third challenge, calculating the height of elementary school building from middle school, was very similar to our first challenge, approximating the height of the 성남외고building. What I learned from this activity is that in order to approximate the length or height of an object that is far away, we need to use angles and triangles. 
I had a hard time with the last challenge because I thought most of the problems that our group came up with were very similar to the first three challenges. In fact, I noticed how it was difficult to come up with KIS related problems that have just the right complexity. Now I know how difficult it is for teachers to come up with innovative problems.
I have been waiting for this semester since 9th grade, because it is SENIOR SECOND SEMESTER. However, it is not very different from first semester; I am taking the same classes, and therefore have the same work load as the first semester. One thing that I like about senior second semester is that I have more time to myself. So, I use that time to go to the movies, and socialize with my friends. Now that I have almost reached the end of my high school years, it makes me to question if I had tried my best in the past four years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment